Stepwise land management
Stepwise Heritage and Tourism can assist with the developing management programs for World Heritage Areas, National Parks, Indigenous Protected Areas and other forms of protected area. Our services can include workshop facilitation, issues identification, stakeholder consultation, project implementation and management as well as development and review of management plans and land management programs.
A particular area of expertise for Stepwise is the practicalities of Joint Management between government agencies and Indigenous traditional owners and custodians. Joint management plans and tourism management plans for jointly managed protected areas and Indigenous Protected Areas can be facilitated using our planning tools.
Facilitators and associates of Stepwise Heritage and Tourism have been involved in undertaking programs in the following areas:
- Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park and World Heritage Area, NT.
- Kakadu National Park and World Heritage Area, NT.
- Purnululu National Park and World Heritage Area, WA.
- Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, QLD.
- Laynhapuy Indigenous Protected Area, North East Arnhem Land, NT.
- Anindilyakwa Indigenous Protected Area, Groote Eylandt, NT.
- Paraku Indigenous Protected Area, Great Sandy Desert, WA.
- Rainbow Valley Conservation Park, NT.
- Chambers Pillar, Historic Reserve, NT.
- Tjuwaliyn Hot Springs Nature Park, NT.
- Rapa Nui National Park and World Heritage Area, Easter Island, Chile.
- Roi Mata Domain, World Heritage Nominated area, Vanuatu.